Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Free Carrot Crochet Pattern

Here's a cute eensy-weensy crochet carrot pattern that's perfect to go with my wee bunnies. They're also great for Sylvanian Families, dollhouse dolls, Barbies, and all manner of other miniature beings. Tiny amigurumi carrots are also great for earrings. I hope you enjoy my pattern.



The carrot is very simple and easy. The only hard part is the size. It can be a little tricky if you aren't used to working in very small rounds or with smaller hook sizes.

I used embroidery thread and a 2mm crochet hook to create a finished carrot of around one inch long. But you really can use any yarn and hook you want, so use what's most comfortable for you, or play around with different yarn weights and hook sizes until you come up with a carrot size you're happy with.

Materials:
Embroidery thread (or yarn of your choice) in orange and green.
2mm crochet hook (or hook of your choice.)

Method:
With orange, chain 2
Round 1:  Work 4sc in 2nd chain from hook. (4)
Round 2:  [Increase in first sc, sc next] twice. (6)
Round 3-5:  Work one sc in each stitch around. (6)
Finish off.
Stuff your carrot lightly.
For the leaves--
Join green to any stitch using a slip stitch.
Chain 7, sl st in 4th ch from hook, sl st in each of next 2 chains. sl st to top of carrot. Slip stitch to another sc and chain 7 again to create the next leaf. Carry on in this way until you have 3-4 leaves.
Finish off leaving a tail for sewing. Sew around the top of the carrot to close up the hole and cinch the leaves together.

Voila! You're done. :)

To make your carrots longer, just add more rows. If you want them a little fatter, try increasing to 9 stitches after a row or two of 6.

 

Find lots more cute amigurumi patterns in my Etsy shop.  Have an idea for a pattern I should make? Why not suggest it. I love coming up with new patterns!

You may sell your finished carrots made from this crochet pattern.But please do not sell them on Etsy. Other venues are permitted. Please credit me as designer, and link back to this blog or my Etsy shop wherever you sell online.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute I will have to make lots to add to all my Bunnies I have all around the living area waiting for Easter. Thank you

    ReplyDelete